Austell To Join Powder Springs for Business Expo
Also this week: Yoga classes start up at Boundary Waters Aquatic Center.
1. Powder Springs City Council. The council is set to have a work session on Wednesday at 5 p.m. at City Hall. City Manager Rick Eckert said at Monday's meeting that he hopes to have a possible budget for the next fiscal year ready by the work session. Eckert said at the April 13 work session that the city is looking at a $375,000 deficit for the next budget.
2. Cobb County Board of Commissioners. The board is scheduled to have a work session on Monday at 9 a.m., followed by its regular meeting on Tuesday at 9 a.m. Both meetings are at 100 Cherokee St. in Marietta. To see the agenda, click here.
3. Weather. The forecast from the National Weather Service shows clear skies during the first part of the week, with rain possibly moving in on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Monday—Mostly sunny. High: 88/Low: 62
- Tuesday—Mostly sunny. High: 89/Low: 60
- Wednesday—Sunny. High: 90/Low: 62
- Thursday—20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. High: 87/Low: 59
- Friday—20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. High: 79/Low: 54
- Saturday—20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. High: 77
5. Powder Springs/Austell Joint Business Expo. The business associations from both cities are scheduled to have a joint business expo on Tuesday starting at 11:30 a.m. at the Powder Springs Reception Hall. Find out more about the event by clicking here.