Braves Tickets Discounted for 'Gone With the Wind' Anniversary
Another special going on: BOGO drinks at McDonald's.
We're all watching our family budgets these days. Whether shopping with coupons or looking for two-for-one deals, we're taking advantage of all sorts of offers and savings that help us make our dollars as valuable as possible.
Here are some that hopefully will stretch your dollars to the max:
1. McDonald's Drink Specials
Deal: At McDonald's, you can buy one of any size frozen strawberry lemonade, frappe or real fruit smoothie and get one free of equal or lesser value. Print this coupon.
Good through: July 31.
2. Dress Up Like a Book Character for Braves Discounts
Deal: To celebrate the 75th anniversary of Gone With the Wind's publication, another anniversary event is set to take place Saturday at Turner Field. Those who dress like a GWTW character will receive $10 off their Atlanta Braves tickets. Upper box tickets will cost $8 instead of $18, and outfield pavilion tickets will cost $18 instead of $28. Or purchase discounted tickets for this game.
Co-sponsors of Gone With the Wind Night are the Atlanta History Center and the Margaret Mitchell House.
In Fan Plaza before the game (gates open at 4:30 p.m.)
• A Scarlett O’Hara impersonator will greet fans and host Gone With the Wind trivia.
• Dance instructors will teach the Virginia Reel, a dance made famous worldwide by Scarlett and Rhett.
• Civil War re-enactors will pose for photos and interact with fans.
• Compete in a Scarlett O’Hara and Rhett Butler Look-alike Contest to win Braves and Gone With the Wind prizes.
• Fans can pose as Rhett and Scarlett in a Gone With the Wind photo stand.
Throughout the game
• Gone With the Wind historical notes and trivia during “Did You Know” segments between innings
• Gone With the Wind movie clips and famous quotes from the novel throughout the game
• BravesVision will have the spotlight on fans dressed as their favorite Gone With the Wind characters.
• Winners of the pregame Scarlett O’Hara and Rhett Butler Look-alike Contest will compete in an in-game feature on BravesVision to win the ultimate Gone With the Wind prize package: 4 tickets to the Atlanta History Center, 4 tickets to the Margaret Mitchell House, 4 tickets to Scarlett on the Square, 4 tickets to the Southern Belles and Whistles Tour, a copy of Gone With the Wind and a variety of Gone With the Wind memorabilia from the Atlanta History Center gift shop.
Fans who show their Braves ticket stub from this game only at the Atlanta History Center or Margaret Mitchell House will receive $5 off admission to either venue. Offer is good for one adult per ticket.
3. Lithia Springs Business Networking Event
Deal: The Douglas County Chamber of Commerce will host another opportunity for local business owners to expand their contacts on Thursday in Lithia Springs. Guests are invited to enjoy appetizers and drinks, tour an apartment home or relax by the pool at Avonlea Tributary.
Hours: 4 to 6 p.m., Thursday
Cost: Free for chamber members, $20 for guests.
Location: Avonlea Tributary, 2580 Summer Lake Road off Riverside Parkway, Lithia Springs.
4. Toilet Replacement Rebate Program until Thursday
Deal: Douglas County homeowners, churches, businesses and apartment complexes have until Thursday to take advantage of the toilet replacement rebate program. Apply to receive water and cost savings by the replacement of pre-1994 toilets with efficiency toilets. This program is sponsored by the Douglasville-Douglas County Water and Sewer Authority.
5. Save $87 on 'Grant Deeds'
Deal: The Superior Court Clerks’ Association of Georgia warns property owners to beware of offers from private firms. In the warning letter, the company recommends that all U.S. homeowners obtain a copy of their current grant deed. The company offers to do that for you for $87.
In Georgia, all recorded deeds are public record. For a small fee, anyone can obtain a copy of a property deed by visiting the Real Estate Division in the Office of the Clerk of Superior Court in the county where the land lies. Retrieval and receipt of a deed is about $1 a page, with most deeds consisting of just a few pages. Contact your local Clerk of Superior Court’s office before paying a private company for this service.
Cobb County Contact: Tom Charron, Court Administrator, Cobb County Superior Court, 70 Haynes St., Marietta, 770-528-1800
Douglas County Contact: Rhonda G. Payne, Clerk of Superior Court, Douglas County Courthouse, 8700 Hospital Drive, Douglasville, 770-920-7252