New Principals Named at Lovinggood, Tapp
The Cobb Board of Education made a number of personnel appointments at Wednesday's work session.
With the start of the school year just days away, the Cobb Board of Education made a number of school-level teaching and administrative appointments during its Wednesday work session.
Two of them were principals:
- Former King Springs Elementary School assistant principal Sharon Arduino was named the new principal at Chalker Elementary School.
- Mitchel Bivens, who had been the principal at Green Acres Elementary School, will assume the same position at Lindley Middle School. He succeeds Dr. Sandra Ervin, who announced her retirement effective last week.
The following middle school personnel changes were announced:
- Lovinggood assistant principal Nicholas Golowich was appointed to the same position at Tapp Middle School. He is succeeded at Lovinggood by Richard Hamby, who held the same post at the Lindley Sixth Grade Academy.
- Former Tapp assistant principal Lugenia Purnell was named assistant principal at Smitha Middle School.
- Former Wheeler High School teacher Nathan Stark is an assistant administrator at Griffin Middle School.
At the high school level, the following changes have been made:
- Former Kennesaw Mountain High School teacher Kimberly Artigas has been named a teacher/assistant administrator at Campbell High School.
- Allatoona High School teachers Amie Howard and Caroline O'Connor were named teachers/assistant administrators at the same school.
- Former South Cobb High School teacher Kristopher Watkins is now a teacher/assistant administrator at Campbell High School.
- Richard Tischler resigned as assistant principal at Campbell High School.