Open Mic Night, Paper Shredding and More
Also this week: a lesson on how citizens acquired land in Georgia via the Land Lottery prior to 1803.
1. Open Mic Night. The Powder Springs Coffee and Bake Shoppe is scheduled to have an open mic night—complete with artists of varying talents—on Friday at 7:30 p.m. The shop is at 4458 Marietta St. in downtown Powder Springs.
2. History Lesson. Douglas County Genealogical Society member Elaine Steere is set to present a program on how citizens acquired land in Georgia via the Land Lottery prior to 1803. The event is set for Thursday at 6 p.m. at the Douglas County Public Library at 6810 Selman Drive in Douglasville.
3. Weather. The forecast from the National Weather Service shows chances for rain on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, with skies predicted to be clear on Monday, Friday and Saturday.
- Monday—Mostly sunny. High: 85/Low: 63
- Tuesday—30 percent chance of rain both day and night. High: 82/Low: 62
- Wednesday: 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. High: 82/Low: 57
- Thursday—A slight chance of showers during the day. High: 73/Low: 45
- Friday—Sunny. High: 76/Low: 49
- Saturday—Sunny. High: 79
4. Free Document Shredding. Come have your paper securely shredded on site for free thanks to Keep Cobb Beautiful. Each car will be limited to 100 pounds of documents. Only paper products are permitted.
The shredding will take place at three locations:
- Piedmont Church: 570 Piedmont Road in Marietta
- Marietta City Limits: 591 North Marietta Parkway in Marietta
- Smyrna City Hall: 2800 King Street in Smyrna
5. Cobb Commission. The Cobb County Board of Commissioners is set to have a work session Tuesday at 1:30 p.m., followed its regular meeting at 7. Both meetings are at 100 Cherokee St. in Marietta. The agenda is attached to this article.