By Kim Peterson
Powder Springs Community Development
The Powder Springs Farmers’ Market will open for the 2012 season on Thursday, June 7.
Opening day will be exciting. We will have live entertainment. Dancers from Ballet North dance studios will perform, and Code Monaco, a mellow percussion band, will play live music.
The market will be open every Thursday from 4 to 8 p.m. from June to September. So far we have 14 vendors signed up.
Items will include a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, peaches, pecans, eggs, live plants, artisan goat cheeses, and hand-crafted bath and body products. We will also have prepared food available, including crepes made fresh to order, specialty tamales and empanadas, boiled peanuts, cupcakes and cookies, and refreshing lemonade and sweet tea.
We hope everyone will come out and support our local farmers. Get to know your neighbors, enjoy some fresh lemonade, and discover the unique charm of Powder Springs.
Live entertainment schedule:
- June 7—Ballet North and Code Monaco
- June 28—Roman Festival Brass Band, “God and Country” concert
- July 26—Mars Hill Porch Pickers, bluegrass
- August 30—Mars Hill Porch Pickers, bluegrass
Additional dates may be added later.
In anticipation of the market's opening, you can check out these videos:
- Video: Farmers Market Offers Fresh, Local Produce
- Video: Market Welcomes Bluegrass Band
- Video: Farmers Market Wrapping Up Season