Cobb Alcohol Taskforce invites Cobb County youth to attend the 2013 Youth Council Summit on Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013. The event offers the opportunity to participate in youth-led "hands-on" leadership skill building activities and projects. Middle- and high-school-aged youth in Cobb County representing school, faith, club, non-profit or other volunteer youth groups can register online now.
Youth should attend to help shape a collective youth voice to lead the way for local underage and youth binge drinking prevention efforts. Here are some benefits of attending:
- Learn about the Cobb Alcohol Taskforce Youth Council
- Understand local underage and youth binge drinking realities
- Have fun with community peers who support alcohol and drug-free lifestyles
- Be empowered to make a change in your community
- Learn about three youth-led community service projects
- Create project implementation plans to be completed in teams by the end of April 2013
- Get all kinds of cool stuff—logo T-shirt and drawstring bag, drawings for prizes, certificate of participation, documentation for community service hours, breakfast and lunch and more!
To register for the event, go to www.cobbat.org and see event link on the homepage.
For further information, contact Amy Hoffman, Cobb Alcohol Taskforce, at email@example.com or 770-319-4716.