The City of Powder Springs will hold Reside With Pride week this year on Oct. 14 to 18. On those days, city sanitation customers can discard of extra trash and bulky items at no additional cost.
Each resident's pick-up will occur on their regular trash days.
Some guidelines and rules from the city:
- Items must be placed at the curb no later than 7 a.m. of your regular trash collection day. Due to the large volumes of trash that week, the city will only have time for one pass down your street.
- Personal trash containers will be discarded. If you have trash to be picked up and it is placed in a personal container, the city will assume you want to dispose of the container as well. The only containers that will be left at the residence will be the city-issued 90 gallon carts.
- Items from truck beds, vehicle trunks or trailers will not be unloaded.
- Appliances are limited to two per household. Appliances must also be free of liquids and food products. Remove any doors for the safety of children.
- All larger items, including but not limited to, trampolines, swingsets, basketball goals, etc., must be disassembled.
- Yard waste and brush pickup will be on Monday as usual.
- Prohibited items include tires, batteries, car parts, engine oil and fluids, paint cans, roofing materials, building materials (sheetrock, lumber, flooring, siding, etc.), carpet and padding, cement, siding, gutters, dirt, rock, bricks, gravel, stumps, railroad ties and concrete fencing materials (split rails, chain link, etc.), medical/animal waste, hazardous or toxic materials and pianos.