The deadline to register to vote in Georgia's presidential primary is Feb. 6.
Sunday sales for and will also be on the ballot. Sample ballots for Democrats and Republicans, as well as those simply participating in the county's special elections, are attached.
Election Day is March 6, and the polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. If you don't know which precinct you're zoned for, check your Voter Precinct Card or call 770-528-2581.
To Register to Vote, You Must:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a legal resident of the county.
- Be at least 17 1/2 years of age to register and 18 years of age to vote.
- You must register or change your address at least 30 days before an election in Georgia.
- There are special requirements if you register for the first time in Georgia by mail. (See below)
- Once you are registered to vote, you will receive a Voter Precinct Card, which lists your voting location and representative districts.
Six Ways to Register
- Print the registration form, which you must sign and mail in. If you're registering for the first time in Georgia by mail, there is an additional requirement: Enclose a copy of one of the allowable types of ID in the same envelope with your registration application. If you forget to enclose your ID with your application, it could delay your voting process the first time you go to the polls.
- Visit the Cobb Board of Elections main office at 736 Whitlock Ave., Suite 400 in Marietta. It's open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Call 770-528-2581 to have an application mailed to you
- Register to vote when you get your driver's license.
- Pick up an application at government service centers, city halls, or senior centers.
- Register at any Cobb County library when you apply for a library card. Or any time you are at a library, you may pick up a blank application and mail it in yourself.
Vote by Mail
- Any voter may apply for a vote-by-mail ballot—no reason is required.
- Applications are available here.
- No reason is required
- Vote in person at 736 Whitlock Ave. in Marietta, Feb. 13-March 2, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Feb. 25, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Satellite Advance Voting, Feb. 27—March 2
Any voter in Cobb can vote at any of the following locations (all locations are open Monday–Friday, February 27-March 2)
- East Cobb Government Service Center, 4400 Lower Roswell Road, Marietta. Hours 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- South Cobb Community Center, 620 Lions Club Drive, Mableton. Hours 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Northstar Church, 3413 Blue Springs Road NW, Kennesaw. Hours 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Ward Recreation Center, , 4845 Dallas Highway, Powder Springs. Hours 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Cobb Elections Main Office, 736 Whitlock Ave., Marietta. Hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.