Hayden E. Kemp Elementary School
The number-one goal for Kemp Elementary is simple enough: "To educate children." Headed by Principal Kristy Mason, the school is named after Hayden E. Kemp, who served on the Cobb Electric Membership Corporation's board of directors for more than 30 years and helped bring electricity to the rural parts of Cobb County in the 1930s, according to Georgia Magazine. A Georgia House resolution says the school was built where Kemp's house once stood.
- Fax: 678-594-8160
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:45am - 2:15pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: All Cobb County schools are handicapped accessible and compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Founding Date: August 12, 2002
- Number of students: 887
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Parking: Free lot
- Grade levels: K-5
- Special education: Yes
- Extracurricular activities available: After School Program, Student Council